Monday, April 22, 2013

Eleven City Diner, 1112 S Wabash Avenue

    Chicago is the home to some of the great eateries in the entire country. Deep dish pizza, hot dogs, the list goes on and on. The restaurant scene in Chicago is so big that it is almost hard to chose from just one thing. The easiest thing that came to mind was to go for something completely different. So I decided to go to Eleven City Diner.
    Very close to Columbia College Chicago’s Theater Building, Eleven City Diner is an old style deli where they serve everything from breakfast to dinner. The bonus is that they serve breakfast all day so if you want some waffles at 6 pm or something like that, then go ahead. When I went, I order buttermilk pancakes. I was wondering what was going to come out right in front of me so I waited until my plate came out. My jaw dropped. There were three staked buttermilk pancakes covered in chocolate chips.
    It was a great sight to see. I had looked at other people’s plates and it just made my mouth water with anticipation hoping that I would not be disappointed. I surely wasn’t. The first bite of my meal caused me to be seduced by chocolate ecstasy. The chocolate began to melt making the bites of the pancakes even more irresistible. The great taste of the pancakes were just as good. There was so much flavor by adding both ingredients together. There would be times where cutting through the pancakes would be difficult because of how fast the chocolate chips melted. You add a bowl of fruit on the side and then you have a great meal. Everything tasted amazingly delicious.
    Then, there was desert. I wasn’t going to order desert, but I decided to anyway for the heck of it. I ordered a chocolate cake. I saw one on a plate as I was walking in and I felt tempted to order it so I did. The servers brought out was a huge piece of cake. This cake tasted so good that I almost fell out of my chair. It was absolutely incredible. There was a point where the cake was unable to be finished, but I finished the whole thing and I was done. It was so good that I wanted to more. There was so much chocolatey taste that it felt like I was going to transform into a piece of chocolate.
    Eleven City Diner also servers great burgers and sandwiches. They serve everything at all times of the day. They are very busy around lunchtime, but it dies down around 5 or 6 pm. If you are in the Chicago area and looking for some great deli food, this is the place to be. I hope to be returning to Eleven City Diner soon because I keep wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment